A World Full of Color


I love visiting my brother in New York City. We like to tease each other about living on opposite ends of the country. He lives in an "Industrial Jungle" and I live in a "Beach Paradise." Both descriptions are obviously exaggerated.

As much as he likes to pick on my California lifestyle, he can't deny that So Cal is full of beautiful nature and full of color - particularly when we've had a rainy year. He lives in Queens surrounded by brown, gray, and beige buildings. The most colorful aspects of his neighborhood are the stoplights.

As I was visiting my brother this past summer, we were passing through Brooklyn and walked alongside a fence full of colored panels. The way the light was passing through theses panels looked like a funky stained glass chapel. This little touch of color brought such life to this Brooklyn Square Park.

Color is an aspect of light that some might take for granted. We see color on our screens everyday and hold nature to these brightened and heightened standards. Light has the power to highlight nature's colorful detail. Taking a moment to notice it is worth the pause.

These are the types of moments that make me feel small in a beautiful way. Our world is a massive, loud, and sometimes crazy place. However, there are moments of simplicity that contain energy and inspiration. This moment inspired me as an artist. Yes the colors are pretty, but it is the way in which the colors stood out in their environment that made me feel inspired. Don't be afraid to stand out in this loud world. Don't be afraid to take pause in life. Don't be afraid to let the world inspire your art. We like to inspire the world with our art and make a difference, but sometimes the world can inspire us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)