Light Through My Lids

Something that I've noticed recently, but most particularly since I've been waking with the sun is how I can see the light increase through my eyelids as the sun rises. I usually do a thirty minute meditation immediately after waking. Before I would wake up more or less at 8 am while living in Texas 2 years ago. By then the sun is lovely, but the miracle of its movements isn't nearly as pronounced as now when I wake at 5 here in Irvine.

It always gives me a strange sensation when I'm made aware of how this massive cosmic mass is moving with others of comparable size and that an even bigger ball of fire is at the "center" of it all. I was at a loss of how to capture the sensation of the light shifting through my eyelids so I simply tracked time and the corresponding light entering my window. Hopefully the window to my room can represent what I experience through my eyes as the windows to my soul.
. 

Comments

  1. I love the way you captured light relative to time. I also notice how the clock signature becomes more faint as it gets later, and the sunlight gets brighter. Does this happen in life? Do we not notice the time so much when the sun is shining (literally and metaphorically) in our lives? I find myself noticing the weight and presence of every minute when I'm laying in bed at night and can't sleep or I'm experiencing a rough patch in my life. But when the sun comes out again, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought of connecting your bedroom windows to the windows of your soul. The green light coming from your alarm clock adds a nice pop of color to the images. Lastly, I too have been waking up earlier now that I'm in grad school (6am), and it's interesting watching the day brighten up as I wake up and collect myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)