Brittany - (Week 4 Texture) - On Another Planet


"ON ANOTHER PLANET"



I took this photo today at Corona State Beach. I was trying to get a photo of my dog who didn't cooperate, but I ended up with this interesting composition. To me, the sky looks smooth, endless, and whimsical, while the sand looks like something from the planet Mars. It's interesting to think of the ground as the constant flat surface we walk on, but when the sunlight hit the sand, I could see all the porous divots and microscopic sand dunes in the "flat" surface of the ground. Seeing this photo made me feel intrigued by the seemingly normal, everyday things. What I think of as constant, generally unchanging, and ultimately flat can actually be seen as the most textured and interesting surface.  There is a certain excitement I feel when I find something extraordinary about the ordinary.




Comments

  1. Great image of texture especially against the seemingly flat water in comparison - great ties to emotion :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up

Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee