Brittany Woo - Week 3 - Glowing


I noticed one of my cast members for New Slate standing in a patch of light in studio 1100. As the morning sunlight hit the front of her body, I noticed that it made her, quite literally, glow. The sunlight seemed to be not only hitting her body but penetrating and steeping through her hands. She looked as if she were the sun itself, radiating light for everyone and everything around her.  It made me think of the energy people give off and how this energy is often not seen but felt. Although I could see the visible light shining through her body, it seemed like I was more than merely seeing it. It made me think about how I have such an emotional reaction to the lighting showings we have been presenting in class. Although I am seeing the lights, there is something inside of me that is feeling them. I had never thought in depth about the effects of lighting on dance pieces, but this photo made me think about how, although it is subtle, the lighting of a dance often enhances feelings. Lighting has the potential to help the audience not only see but feel.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)