Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson


I wonder if this is how ghosts would appear to us? With the right light and perspective this image emerges.  As stunning as it is transient. I though it important to make a video of it to try and recreate my surprise at its discovery and delicate existence. This reflection fascinated me because it also works as a projection which is a fascinating concept in abstraction. Looking backwards, while projecting forward, while reflecting what is seen in front of you. I was holding a plastic bag and was passing the window where the light was entering. It only happened on this floor, not the one above or the one below and not in the staircase on the other side of the building. This event was specific to this staircase, at this hour, in this position. With every small step I took it changed. With every movement I made it changed. It was fragile in its creation but not in its presence. Makes me curious about how to create this magic (without a gobo). Gobos to me seem a bit to fixed and static to capture this ephemeral smoke.

Who knew laundry day could be so magical.

Comments

  1. Really wonderful video and post. Sometimes the simplest things create the most amazing effects. Moving lights and something called a twin spin can create these types of effects but I recently did a dance piece with Mylar on the ground by the cyc to create an effect that would have been very costly with just lights - Look at pictures 6-8 on this page http://lradesigns.com/dance/ballet-repertory-theatre-fall-festival-2017/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)