Week 1: Another World

Another World - Taken by Kent Shinomae (Location: Shark's Cove on Oahu, Hawaii)

When scuba diving, I feel as if I enter another world. It's an amazing feeling down here. Just like being on land, the ocean also creates moments from chaos to moments of calmness and tranquility like this. The sunlight shooting down into the rocks is such a beautiful sight to see. The light hitting the rocks and coral bring out its true colors, by adding life to something that may have been seen in a different manner or have not been easily seen at all. The same phenomenon occurs when light hits a side of a building, the grass and trees in a park, or even on a person's face. Sunlight is a natural process that occurs in our lives and something that I am truly grateful to witness when it creates beautiful moments like this in my life.

Comments

  1. This is definitely a world away, a hiding place for new adventures to take hold. I love how the sun illuminates the water's various shades of blue. I wonder if it is the actual water, or the sunlight creating an effect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful image - makes me want to be there. Nice analysis of what light can do, regardless of the environment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)