Week 1: Over the Rainbow

                                Over the Rainbow: Taken by Chanel Kostich (Location: Tantalus Lookout, Oahu, Hawaii)

Over the summer, I lived in Hawaii for three months and had a wonderful time exploring, adventuring and enjoying life. Hawaii is a magical place for many reasons, one of them being the scenery. When I visited one of the famous lookout points in Oahu called the Tantalus Lookout, I got to experience rain, shine and an unexpected full rainbow that is pictured above. It's rare to experience a full rainbow where you can see all the colors of the spectrum including: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. I believe that symbolism plays a huge part in our daily lives and is a reflection of who we are as human beings. Rainbows are symbolic for giving peace and serenity to the world. When I look at this picture, I feel re-awakened by the reflection of light that I see through the rainbow. People say good and beautiful things follow a rainstorm. This rainbow is symbolic for the beauty, hope and good fortune that can help motivate us to continue our lives in a positive direction. With that said, I hope this rainbow brings happiness and good fortune to your upcoming week.

Comments

  1. Amazing photo and great post. We will talk about rainbows today in class :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up

Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee