:: Week #1: Stillness is Key (Free Prompt) ::



An important, arguably a vital, practice in my life is sitting in stillness. It allows me to breathe and be. I love finding new ways to be still and sometimes I find myself inspired as I pass through different areas around UC-Irvine's campus; I especially notice wide open spaces. As I walked through Aldrich Park, 
I decided to sit on a bench and stared at the vast trees in the park. I wondered, would I have noticed this if I was so focused on today's tasks?

I invited my rabbit-trail of thoughts and immediately thought of ballet class when my professor referred to a dancer's foundation as a tree trunk and then the branches, or extremities, expand from our foundation, or the position of the pelvis working in tandem with a dancer's core. It is breathtaking to see the trees lit in such a way that highlights their fortress-like qualities but offers a beautiful view of protection and solace in its shade. Since the time was early in the afternoon, the sun produced unique shapes on the pavement due to the different branches being closer or further away from the sky. It was also interesting to see how the different shapes of trees, surrounded by grass, projected large, round shadows--even this picture captured a nice lens flare from the sun. 

Who knew that a little Vitamin D and some stillness in the park 

would allow me to see all of this? 



Comments

  1. Very nice image and post. In future posts ponder how the light makes you feel as well. Nice post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)