Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up


Chris Burden's "Urban Light" installation at LACMA


Ah, the infamous and Instagram-famous "Urban Lights" installation at Los Angeles County Museum of Art... I found myself hesitant to appreciate these lights; I had seen them plastered all over Instagram too much for my liking. However, as I stood underneath the mass of tall lights, I saw the beauty in them. The striking contrast between black sky and the bright, yet soft, glow of cool light was soothing yet engaging. The way the light bounced and reflected off the posts seemed both unpredictably and strategically designed. There seemed to be one hundred people at the "Urban Lights" installation that night. But as I peered up into the black night sky, the people also faded to dark, and the 202 lights cut the dark with the most ultimate luminosity. 


-Brittany

Comments

  1. I like how you said when you focused on the light, all the people seemed to fade away. Similarly, when we focus on the light in people, the imperfections, darkness, and differences that would separate us a human race can fade away. I'm glad you went to the exhibit, and came away with inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo and I love how you talk about positive and negative space and foreground and background - we see it in nature all of the time but it is not till we try to light in the theatre do we start to realize how important it is to successful compositions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)