Week 3: Mermaid Caves by Chanel Kostich

                                                                               Mermaid Caves~Chanel Kostich

This photo was taken at the Mermaid Caves on the west shores of Oahu, Hawaii. This was a hidden gem that I adventured out to with my friend. The cave looks out into the deep blue of the Pacific Ocean. The calming and enchanting ambiance is a magical sight to see. In order to get to this secret spot, we had to walk across jagged lava terrain and jump through a small hole. Once I got into the cave, I felt as if I was bewitched by the crystal clear water rushing towards the shore. When I was floating beneath the light and the sun rays were streaming through the cave’s crevices, it painted a golden hue on the dim cavern. I also felt as if my skin was glowing against the light being reflected down on me. As we've been acting as a lighting designer and choreographer in class, this picture made me reflect on my experience that I had as a lighting designer. The way this picture is lit with the natural sunlight, pale blues and dark greens gives the spectators a glimpse of my enchanting experience in the Mermaid Caves.  

Comments

  1. Wonderful image and post - nice analysis of how the light affected you

    Please try to use new photos for future posts as I want you to learn to be struck by light in your daily life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok thank you. I'll make sure to post a new photo next week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up

Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee