Week 5: "Dinner scene" - Kent Shinomae


"Dinner scene" - taken by Kent Shinomae (Shuck Oyster Bar in Costa Mesa)

I went to dinner the other night to catch up with a family friend in Costa Mesa. When deciding where to eat that night, I came across this small and cozy-looking oyster bar called Shuck. Other than having good reviews, looking at the pictures of the restaurant that were posted online definitely had an influence on my decision to eat here. Coming to this place in person, I had an instantaneous feeling of coziness and a shift into a soft and moody atmosphere. Throughout dinner, my friend and I had a sense calmness and relaxation, due to the atmosphere these lights were creating. From a distance, the light source looked almost like candles, which is known to create calm and cozy settings/situations. This was a great evening where I could get away from all the stress and anxiety that life was giving me at that moment.

Comments

  1. It is so great that you are picking place somewhat based on lighting - so glad the class is having an impact on your daily life :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)