Week#3 Refraction(Aliya Kerim)


Week#3 Refraction (Aliya Kerim)



My dear friend:

I am going to tell you a secret about me. As you know, as a dancer, time doesn’t exist in my world. I travel through time as I move through darkness. I don’t know how long it has been since the last time I asked light to reveal itself to me. The conversation I had between me and my little lamp seems to have just happened a second ago. There is so much to tell you about my journey to light, but at the same time, there’s nothing to tell you about. 
After I decided to return home from my little adventure with the giant circuitous light, the silhouette of the tree superimposed from the known to the unknown. 

I decided to write you a letter about the secret of the birth of my dance

--refraction

My body absorbs  light and light
reveals itself to you,
the presence of my heart.

My body absorbs light and light 
leaps into your eyes, 
as I am moving spacetime.

My body absorbs  light and light 
reflects from my body, a bend of light, 
slight as it passess the skin.

I move and 
you see the color of 
light.


I don’t dance for you, my dear friend and I never will. Yet with the intention of sharing the color of light with you, I move, I sing, and I write. As I am expressing my feelings to you in my notebook, light performs its magic again and so I document this moment for your eyes only. 

I find a prism of light within my notebook and it leaves to another chapter.

Love, AK

Comments

  1. Aliya, I love your creativity.. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly existential experience - beautifully said, as usual, but I did get a great sense of play when I saw the image and your capturing of a rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up

Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee