aliya kerimujiang week# 9 Blue-- The Empty Space

Week #9 
Blue-- The Empty Space
Aliya Kerimujiang


Can you see what I see?
Can you feel what I feel?
What determines one to see what they see and feel what they feel? 


I walk pass by a giant light tube somewhere on the surface of the paved road in the Claire Trevor School of the Arts. The tube represents the most ordinary looking item you could possibly imagine. It appears to be nothing special, but to serve its purpose of life, which is to bring light into the theatre-- the empty space. 

Is this what I feel about the object? Of course not. The image that I see is entirely different from how the tube appears itself into my physical eyes. Somehow I instantly connect with it on a deeper level. The tube is calling my soul like a Siren, and suddenly my body is enclosed by ocean water, and there’s no road to lead me back home.

Danger.

I am obsessed with this wandering mind just as much as I’m enjoying getting lost in this tube of light. The book that Aura bought for me, You Are the Universe by Deepak Chopra M.D. and Menas C. Kafatos Ph.D. crossed my mind as I am about to surrender my soul into this boundless blue. Thoughts, quotes, symbols, memories, pictures and everything comes into my mind in a complex pattern to tell me something that I now can only feel, yet too soon to articulate in the human language. 
Someone asked Deepak Chopra and Menas C. Kafatos what the universe is made of and below is the direct quote from the book:

“The real building blocks of the universe are qualia. There is room for infinite creativity depending on the observer. The state of awareness that you are in alters the qualia all around you.
… …
observer, observed and process of observation are intimately linked. As they unfold, the “stuff” of the universe emerges.”



If this reality is just a mind game, I hope I only participate in the collective consciousness in a minimal way. I enjoy to be this person who poses uncommon postures and switches her phone around in the middle of the road just to capture a moment of eternity. 


Max Planck: “All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.” (p. 108, The ultimate mysteries, from you are the universe.)

In the journey of finding light, I am going to miss this homework as it ‘legitimizes’ my creative thinking.  

光,
I will find you, my friend! 
I will find you with all my passion unapologetically as your existence offers me inspiration. 

If light is invisible to begin with, there can be no way to make it visible except through a nervous system, and once that is accomplished, light is no longer its natural self but a neural creation.
Change the nervous system and light will change with it. An owl’s acute night vision, the ability of an eagle to spot a mouse from hundreds of feet in the air, the underwater sight of dolphins, and a bat’s ability to “See” using echolocation- all of these examples are radically different from human sight. Therefore, the assumption that we see “real” light is unfounded. There is nothing about photons that necessarily makes them visible. Billions of stars and galaxies are totally invisible until a nervous system turns them luminous.

So, my question to you is - what is the light we are seeing in the theatre?





I finally returned home— Theatre: this empty space.

“Empty space isn’t empty but contains huge amounts of untapped energy at the quantum level.” 

Theatre, this empty space isn’t empty, as it contains countless unknown stories in a multi-dream universe.

No two people see the world exactly alike. Once I see the tube of light, I immediately see what I want to see even before I take my phone out of my backpack. I am very lucky to live in the reality that I am living. I tell myself to be grateful that the brain doesn’t absorb everything but instead erects a complex set of filters.

I didn’t go to the theatre where this tube of light is heading, but I know I will see it again. Maybe I already have, in another universe at this very moment, as I am writing this down, as I am walking away from it, as you are reading this. 

Comments

  1. I will miss your posts very much - I have to clear time in my schedule to read and understand them, as much as one can understand another's thoughts, but I try. The comment about the observer changing the observed item goes back to color theory and the dual slit experiment - you should watch it again - everything is quantum physics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypersensitivity to existence, the artist’s platform for exploring it’s nature. Where one point of stimuli can trigger a shift in perception into another dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)