AliyaKerimujiang ##7Natural Light

To you,

I feel healed! I feel alive! At last, light brings my feelings back to me.  I don’t remember time anymore. Earlier this week, I got lost in Artistic Survival Mode. I couldn't feel anything and I couldn't express anything. Seven days without my creativity felt like an eternal prison to me.

I've always thought of creativity as something you could never lose, but to physically survive in this naïve reality means that life would always find a way to take creativity away. I guess its because of how inefficient creativity is. Therefore, I gave Time a chance to present to me the purpose of its existence. I stopped taking instant photos whenever I found a unique story about light as I walked to a location. Time had more priority than my child-like heart. And just like this, a week passed by - I finished all of my homework, but I couldn't find my creativity anymore.

I completed all of my household chores, and came downstairs to nurture myself with some natural light. I desired for this light. I brought my notebook with me without forcing myself to document a seemingly non-existent feeling.










Comments

  1. Inspiration is a tough thing to try to capture. I teach that meditation in whatever way you discover it can bring inspiration - traditional meditation (which I do not do) can be effective, but to recognize the things we do in life that gives the same results - swinging on a swing set, long walks with my dog, running, etc. - these things free the mind through repetition and time and allow the brain to receive inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up

Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee