Brittany - Week 8 - Obsession's Side Effect -- A Warped Reality



To me, obsession closely relates to several other words: craze, passion, and fascination. Obsession can make a person crazy. They can see things that aren't there and develop a warped sense of reality. As I walked across the Arts School sky bridge this past Tuesday, I was fascinated by the color of the sky. The sky was a mix of a vibrant blue with a fiery pink and soft cotton candy clouds. As I turned around trying to get the right angle for my photo, I got an even more intense sight. The zoomed photo showed me the reflection of the sky on the glass windows. To me, it looks like the building is engulfed in flames. It was interesting to me to see the orange and red reflection in the windows since I couldn't see any orange or red in the sky. Sometimes obsession makes people think things that aren't true/factual. It can lead people to find an alternative reality. Things that aren't true can be warped and manipulated until they seem true. To me, this building was expressing a side effect of obsession: seeing things that aren't there. It was reflecting a color palette I couldn't see anywhere in the sky. Was I missing those orange and red colors in the sky, or is this building reflecting a warped reality -- a side effect of a sort of obsession?

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos and a wonderful and truthful take on obsession, nice post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)