Week 7: "Artistic Entrance" - Kent Shinomae

"Artistic Entrance" - taken by Kent Shinomae (entrance to the UCI Arts area on campus)

After finishing my last class of the day, I was making my way back towards the Arts area on campus in order to get to the shuttle stop that will take me back to my car. The weather was nice and clear all day and in this moment, it was transitioning into the evening. The way the UCI Arts sign was lit was beautiful to look at. Definitely a sign you could not miss. The blue shadowing of the sign gave it a cool effect and I loved the three-dimensional aspect of it. That sort of effect is something I would normally see as a font effect on the computer. It was a wonderful contrast with the sky in the background. Due to it being during dusk, the colors of the sign really popped in comparison to the pinkish-blue color of the sky. It gave me this feeling of entering into a world, like a sign at an amusement park displaying what "land" you are now walking into. It's funny because I never even knew that this sign existed the first month of school, until it was lit during this time of day, drawing my attention upwards to admire the beautiful light and textures it was highlighting.

Comments

  1. This post is such a great representation of posts for 7 weeks, as I do not think you would have seen this earlier in the quarter. Really great analysis of foreground and background and architectural lighting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up

Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee