Week #7- Tea for Ten- Brandye Lee


Last week, I had the opportunity to visit Disneyland with friends and CTSA fam. I was blown away by all of the magic in the air. I was only 12 years old the last I visited Disney, so my expectations as an adult weren’t very high. Upon entering the gates, I was immediately drawn into a world of fantasy, where it seemed the main question in the air was “Why not?” The beautiful Christmas tree at the beginning of Main Street, the gorgeous castle all aglow, and Small World were holiday highlights. There were thousands of lights and even fireworks that contributed to a feeling of childhood nostalgia and dreams-come-true. I also loved the projection show that was cast over the lake, clearly demonstrating the lesson we learned earlier that day - water is a surface.  

The picture I posted above reminds me of being a little girl and everything feeling larger than life. The warm, saturate colors of the lanterns contrast beautifully against the more cool blue and purple lighting cast onto the teacups. The vibe is playful and inviting and beckoned me to take a closer look. There’s no place I’d have rather been than having tea at Disneyland with 10 of my friends!

Thank you, Professor Alcaraz for the awesome opportunity to dive into Disney!

Comments

  1. My pleasure, my wife was so pleased you all had a great time. Really wonderful post and observances. I am so glad that your first return to Disneyland was while you were in this class so you could really see how much light forms our emotional state of fantasy and other while we are there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)