Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee

This post is about how grateful I am for Professor Alcaraz sharing his passion for Lighting with our class. As fall quarter draws to a close, I am struck by how quickly one's mind can be influenced and made to grow for the better.  Through our professor's thoughtful instruction about light, my world has opened to seeing and creating new possibilities.  Take the first image below...at first glance, the bright orange and yellow light could possibly be a fire and the thick smoke it produces.  But if we widen the lens, we see the warm light of the sun, beaming through clouds in the sky above.  I love how my perception of light has been piqued through this experience.  Although I know the class is over, I know for sure that I will always now appreciate lighting design, whether divinely created by Mother Nature, or by a talented TA.  So yeah, as I watch this gorgeous Sunday Sunset, the feelings I have are appreciation and excitement for my personal en"light"enment! Onward and up!




Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for the beautiful photos and post! I am so glad that you are seeing light in different ways and I truly hope, and know, it will enhance your pieces in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up