Dougie - Week #4 “ Street Braille” Texture


Street Braille

Just the other day I was taking a stroll
My eyes noticed vibrate colors in a row
The intersection was freshly painted with “pride”
That’s Long Beach for you; we are “unified”
As I waited my turn to cross the street
I looked down to my feet 
and couldn’t help but think
Pot of gold? 
I had to get closer and see
Although it was covered with footprints of the past
and lightly sprinkled with glass of accidents last
The weight of its value was priceless 
Protective, informative and inclusive   
Underneath it all; these gold coins do more than just glow
They help guide blind eyes to the other side of the rainbow 

  Carl “Dougie” Sanders


Comments

  1. Very cool image and use of texture as scenery - nice connection to your emotions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gold textured surface

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poetry and lovely description of street gold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Week 1 - Things Are Looking Up

Week #10 - Passion and Possibilities- Brandye Lee