Week 2 - Isn't It Gourdgeous (Inspiration)




The Light-Up Gourd

My living room turned dark as dusk turned into night, so I turned on my light-up gourd decoration that was sitting on my glass bookshelf before I walked over to turn on the overhead light (photo on the left). At first, I was drawn to the way the light reflected off the glass shelves. Then I glanced up to the ceiling fan which was surrounded by the most beautiful warm light. It reminded me at first of water waves in a crystal clear pool. Then it started to resemble an exquisitely detailed iris of an eye.  I'm not one to sit in the dark, but I sat just a little longer than I would have if I had not glanced at the ceiling before turning on my overhead light.




Comments

  1. Truly striking images and great pun :)

    You describe what you see but not as much about how it affected you - would love to hear more of that in future posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)