Marc Spaulding-WK#7- Free blog

Who is that person..? Where is the light coming from..? This evening, I decided to take a walk through my neighborhood. While strolling about, I noticed varying degrees of shadows projected on the pavement. In this particular photo, I used my street lights as down lighting in order to capture the perfect shot of my silhouette. The royal blue lines in the cross walk added the perfect border and color contrast. I chose this photo because I was intrigued by the idea of manipulating the shape and length of my shadow. Furthermore, it was reminiscent of my early childhood in which, I would turn off my bedroom lights and use a flashlight to project shadows on my wall. Using the breadth of my dance training and creativity, I love using silhouettes and shadows to create artistic images.    

Comments

  1. Shadow play is a really interesting way to capture form and dance - I have gotten to do a lot of it with puppets but would love to play with it in dance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8-Chanel Kostich-Janet Jackson Concert

Every step you take. Post 3 Jehbreal Jackson

Dougie - Week #10 Passion (My Fireflies)